The summers in Naples, Florida are hot, humid and too long. Suffering in a home that is downright uncomfortable is no way to live. Your first inclination may be to purchase a new air conditioning system. But don’t rush into that decision.
Would you be upset if you purchased a new air conditioning system and your home was still hot & humid, dusty and uncomfortable? If you make the wrong choice now, you probably won’t be able to justify tearing it out and starting again. You’ll literally have to live IN your decision for as long as you own your home.
There may be three (3) main causes for your suffering:
1. Your home’s air ducts might be leaking.
2. The insulation in your home may be insufficient.
3. Your existing air conditioning system may not be properly sized for your home.So, how do you find out if your home is contributing to your suffering? By working with an air conditioning contractor that takes a “Whole House Approach.” This “whole house” process involves utilizing special instruments and calculations needed to properly diagnose and solve any pre-existing problems with your home’s ducts and thermal envelope.
Your HVAC contractor should be capable of performing these essential engineering steps:
1. A thorough inspection and measurement of your home, including insulation levels & window sizes
2. An Infiltrometer test to measure your home’s air infiltration rate
3. Duct leakage, airflow and pressure tests to uncover & measure any pre-existing duct inefficiency
4. Recommendations to simultaneously improve your duct system, home insulation and air infiltration
5. A computerized design load calculation and equipment selection conforming to the Air Conditioning Contractors of America Manual J
Be careful when buying a new air conditioner or heating system. The wrong system, improperly installed, could sentence you to years of discomfort, unhealthy indoor air and high utility bills. Take the time to do it right. It costs less to do it right up front. Invest the time, become an educated consumer, and get a system you will enjoy for years to come. It is not a question of IF you want to pay for it or not. You WILL pay for it in higher energy costs and discomfort.
Jackson Total Service is an air conditioning, plumbing and electrical contractor in Naples, FL.
Contact us at (239) 643-0923 3727 Enterprise Ave Naples, FL 34104 or on the web at www.jacksontotal.com